Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Review: Revlon Lip Butters

Buttery, Pigmented, Smooth!


Today I wanted to talk a little bit about a few of my favorite Revlon Lip Butters.  I know that these have been out for quite some time now and that just about everyone has probably reviewed them, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you and show you my go-to colors from this line.

I you haven't tried Revlon Lip Butters, what you should expect is a nicely pigmented, moisturizing lip product.  These apply smoothly and give you a nice wash of color and a pretty (not sparkly) sheen.  They have nice moisture content and wear similar to a lip balm.  Staying power is decent for the type of product it is.  I reapply every 1-2 hours which I think is par for the course with these types of colored balms.  There is no noticeable scent to these guys, in case you were wondering.


The colors that I enjoy most are (from left to right): 
Red Velvet - a dark, almost oxblood red
Wild Watermelon - a beautiful pink-red
Tutti Frutti - a bright, coral-orange
Strawberry Shortcake - a girly, bubblegum pink




Below are swatches of each lip butter.  These swatches were done with just one swipe and they are definitely buildable.  Strawberry Shortcake and Wild Watermelon did translate as similar in this swatch, but they are definitely not!  Wild Watermelon is definitely my favorite of the bunch.  I tend to grab for it most often.


Revlon Lip Butters are available in sooo many additional colors, so if you're not crazy about these, take a look at the options in the drugstore.  

Overall, I am a big fan of Revlon Lip Butters.  They are one of my favorite things to throw in my handbag and I'm set!  

Do you have any of these?  Which ones do you love?

As always, thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment