Sunday, November 30, 2014

12 Days of Tarte - Door 3 - Clean Slate Poreless Primer

Clean Sate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer


This week, the two doors I opened gave me a chance to try out some face products by Tarte.  Inside of door number three I found a deluxe sample of Tarte's face primer, Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer.






I was excited to get this product because I was just thinking about grabbing a new primer, since my Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer is just about out.  I really like the Pixi primer because it is fairly lightweight and has a little bit of pigment in it.  I feel like after I spread it on my face, it evens out my skin tone a little before I even apply foundation.  This was one of the major differences I found with Tarte's primer.  This primer is a clear, almost gel-like textured product.  Once applied though, and spread out over the face, it changes to an almost powdery (very finely milled powder, mind you) finish.




Tarte claims that this product has a mattifying quality to it and will instantly fill in fine lines and pores to create a flawless finish to foundation.  Once applied, I found that I could apply foundation immediately and it went on much smoother than without primer.  It seems as if it also kept the dry patches around any spots I have on my face so that my concealer doesn't cling to them as much.  I have very prominent pores, so they are hard to completely conceal with a primer, but this primer did help to keep my skin smooth for the application of my foundation.

As for staying power, I am quite impressed.  Yesterday I wore my makeup for a good twelve hours and when I went to wash my face late last night, everything was still in place and the only shiny spots were my in t-zone.  Of course, the setting powder I used (next post) may have had something to do with it, but everything had stayed in place very well!

I am very impressed with this product.  It is nice and lightweight (more so than the Pixi primer), keeps my face matte throughout the day, and keep trouble areas on my face easier to conceal.  I would certainly consider purchasing a full-size bottle of this.  Unless I find a drugstore primer similar to this for a much better price, this will be my next primer purchase.

Have you used this product?  Do you happen to have any drugstore suggestions for a primer like this?

As always, thanks for reading!  Be sure to check out my post for the 4th door in the Petite Treats Collection!  If you missed the first two doors, check those posts out in my archive!


No comments:

Post a Comment