Sunday, November 23, 2014

12 Days of Tarte - Door 1 - LipSurgence Lip Tint in Wishful

LipSurgence Lip Tint in Wishful

Day 1 of the 12 days of Petite Treats 12 Days of Tarte Deluxe Collection is a mini LipSurgence lip tint in Wishful.  Admittedly, I don't have anything from this line and I've heard great things about it so I was super excited to try it out!  I have to say, I really love this!  

First of all, I love the format of this product.  It is a lip crayon, which I have quite a few of.  It is easy to apply and fun to just throw in your purse.  The LipSurgence line claims that it is a 3-in-1 product that gives you "all the benefits of a lipstick, lip gloss and a creamy balm".  I found the claim to be right on target.  This product has nice pigmentation for a lip crayon, gives a nice sheen on the lips, and feels balmy and moisturizing.  I love all of these things in a lip product, so I was very impressed!




Staying time was what I expected from this type of product.  It hung around on my lips for a good two hours or so, but did need to be reapplied.  Generally these lip crayon formats don't last hours upon hours for me, so I was happy with it.



As for the color; I adore it.  It is a perfect "my lips but better" color for me.  Wishful is a nice, peachy nude with a litter sparkle in it.  Just gorgeous.




One last note on the LipSurgence line is the peppermint oil in them.  If you are not a huge fan of peppermint, I would not recommend this product for you.  It has quite a candy cane smell, similar to what you find in Burt's Bees chapstick, so be aware of that.

All in all, I really like this product.  The one thing I do want to make note of is that I have found a few drugstore products very similar to this that perform similarly and have a much lower price point.  LipSurgence lip cremes retail for $24, whereas Revlon Kissable Balm Stains (which perform very similar to these lip cremes) retail for $9.49.  I HIGHLY recommend grabbing these types of products in sample size collections like I did and trying them out before splurging if you are on the fence about them.  These types of collections are also a really fun way to try high-end products without forking out too much without knowing how much you like them.

Keep in mind, if you are interested in Wishful because you like the color, it is available only in this advent calendar or in the Sweet Dreams Holiday Collection, which I cannot find online at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment