Monday, October 20, 2014

Review: Montagne Jeunesse Manuka Honey Peel-Off Mask

Today was Spa Day!

Today involved having a productive morning of shopping at Walmart (does anyone hate doing this like me??) followed by an afternoon of catching up on my shows on Hulu with a face mask and a Jamberry manicure (future post to come on that).  One of the things I do enjoy about Walmart is their selection of one-time use mask packets.  Everytime I shop there, I have to grab one and today was not any different!  In fact, I bought three!  

Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the Montagne Jeunesse Manuka Honey Peel-Off mask.  First of all, being a peel-off mask, it is quite thick and gooey.  It was one of the smoothest peel-offs that I've applied and smells AMAZING.  It has a very strong honey scent, which I love but if you are not a big fan of honey, beware.  I can still smell the honey scent on my skin and I did the mask over two hours ago.



On the face, the mask felt very nice.  It has a cooling effect which I was surprised by, but after some thought and some research, the second ingredient in this mask is alcohol.  I'm not crazy about the idea of that, but there are quite a few other ingredients that are soothing to skin and make me feel a little better about the alcohol.  It took about 10 minutes to dry all of the way so that I could peel it off and was pretty standard as far as the act of peeling it off went.



After peeling it off, my skin felt super smooth and fairly hydrated.  Normally with any mask, I go straight to my moisturizer to rehydrate.  I didn't feel that this was necessary with this mask.  

Overall, I enjoyed the mask but I'm not sure that I'll reach for it again.  I have combination skin that errs on the side of oily and I really benefit from a clarifying or pore cleansing mask.  The honey mask is meant more to cleanse/hydrate the skin and I feel like I got those benefits from this product.  All in all, if you are looking for something to give your skin a little extra care, grab for one of these masks.  If you are looking for something along the lines of what I would use for my combination skin, stay tuned!  I grabbed another two masks (that I use back to back before bed a few times a month) today that I will be posting about within the next week or so!

As always, thanks for reading!  See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Never seen this one before!! Will defo check it out!
    So soooo nice to see you're back! Hope life has been treating you well! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Hannah! Life is great! It's great to be back!

      Delete