Thursday, October 16, 2014

Coconut Oil for Acne Prone Skin

Oh, For the Love of Coconut Oil!

I am a true believer in if you find something that has changed your life, you should share it with people.  This goes for finding the person you want to marry, to foods you may want to marry but can't, a cleaning or organizing tip no one should live without, or in this case a life-changing beauty product.  Shall we consider the oil from a tropical nut a beauty product?  Sure!

I have been a long time sufferer of acne.  I have struggled with acne on my face, chest and back from the time I started middle school.  That's over fifteen years of dealing with breakouts and self-confidence issues.  I have tried this product and that product and oral medication that made me feel sick.  I went so far as to cut chocolate from my diet completely for a few years.  Not fun.  And with no results.

A few short years ago, one of my best friends was telling me that she had started using coconut oil as her moisturizer and it had CHANGED HER LIFE.  Again, sharing something that has changed your life.  Such a good friend.  :)  I was apprehensive so I smiled and nodded and said I might try it, but never made the effort to actually give it a go.  One day last year I was so fed up with my skin annoyances that I decided "What the hell...".  I love coconut ANYTHING, so why wouldn't I love smearing coconut oil all over my face?  

I cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE this stuff now.  It has completely changed my skin.  Before coconut oil, when people would complain about a little breakout on their chin, I would guffaw at them while I sat there trying to find a decent area that didn't have an active breakout.  These days, I am one of those people!  I seek out a breakout!

I honestly can tell you that there is nothing else in my life that I can attribute to this change in my skin other the coconut oil.  The only other thing I have changed is I have started using a gentle cleanser WITHOUT acne treatment medication in it.  Just a quick wash with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and a little Virgin Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil to moisturize, and I'm ready to go!



Bottom line:
If you have oily, acne prone skin like me, try this.  I bet you will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment