Saturday, December 14, 2013

Race Registration!

Outer Banks Running Club Frostbite 5K


I am so excited!  I just registered for my first race since my well, first race…haha!

The local running club in my area puts on member races fairly often and the next one coming up is the Frostbite 5K!  The registration price before January 1st not only discounted, but it includes a year of membership to the running club.  From what I understand, the membership gives you discounts on select races, registration to *free* impromptu races, discount at select local stores, etc.  Sounds like a pretty great deal!

I have to thank my parents for sponsoring me for this race.  Being sponsored for a race is awesome because race fees start to add up after a while if you plan to race a lot (which I plan to do this coming year).  They will also be at the race to root me on!  It was so great to have my friends and husband at my last 5K to cheer for me as I crossed the finish line. It's an amazing feeling!

I'm really looking forward to doing a race again.  I thoroughly enjoyed my first one!  So here's to a month of training.  At the moment, I'm pretty certain that I can run a 5K straight if I really pushed it, so for the next month I will be working on my general fitness and trying to clock a good time to be ready for the race!  My first 5K took me about 40 minutes, but for this one I would like to finish up under 35 minutes.  So there you have it.  My goal for the Frostbite 5K on January 11, 2014!

Let's go!



No comments:

Post a Comment