Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall = Health Kick

I don't know what it is about this time of the year, but Fall always puts me in the mood to get my body back in gear.  Usually people spend the end of the Winter and the majority of the Spring working on their health and getting back into shape for the summer.  I am usually the complete opposite.  I guess I'm just expecting Winter to be full of candy, starchy comfort foods, and pies, so in order to balance things out a bit, I jump into a health kick.  

So with that said, I thought I would share with you some of the things I am doing to treat my body a little better, one step at a time.  Considering that these things will mostly consist of fitness routines and fresher things being added to my diet, let's call this series "Fresh & Fit for Fall".  Like the alliteration?

For my first act, I shall share with you my new morning routine.  Now, I've tried this before and enjoyed the benefits of it, but never seem to be able to stick to it.  Well this time, I am vowing to stick to it because now I have you to get on me if I get off track.  There's no escaping it once this is published!  My morning ritual now consists of instead of a cup of coffee being the first drink of the day (other than water...no matter what, I always have a cup of water before anything else), I am drinking a cup of warm lemon water.  Lemon water is something you may have heard of in the past, and boy does it really work.

Lemons are a popular "go-to" for anyone trying to add a little extra something to their water, but many folks don't realize the benefits of adding lemon to your water, especially first thing in the morning.  Lemons are full of great things for your body, including vitamin C for immunity, pectin for digestion, vitamin B6 for healthy brain and nerve function, etc.  The benefits of drinking a glass of warm lemon water before eating or drinking anything else in the morning are endless.  Some of the major benefits include aid in digestion, balancing pH levels in the body to fight disease, helping to clear skin, controlling hunger, among many others.  Beth from Tasty Yummies has a great post on the benefits of drinking warm lemon water every morning.

I am looking forward to the continued benefits of my new morning ritual!

Do you have a morning ritual for health benefits?

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment