Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nail of the Day: Orly in Lola

Orly in Lola



Today I bring to you another Nail of the Day!
And here I go again with the coral colors! 
 I swear, after Christmas in my mind it's spring. Unfortunately there will probably be another two to three months of cold and perhaps even a little snow here and there.  Alas, in my mind it is time to set aside the dark colors of fall and winter and jump right into brights and neons!
Therefore, I have started pulling out my corals and bright blues and grassy greens.
Prepare thyselves.


I picked up this little ditty last spring at Ulta on a whim when I came across the little tiny Orly bottles they offer for $3.50.  It's a great way to grab a color you're not totally sure of and gives you a chance to try it without making the commitment to an $8 full-size bottle.
This color is absolutely gorgeous for spring/summer.  It is a great pink with a coral undertone and looks amazing with a tan!  Of course, I don't have a tan yet this year but who cares?  Not me!

Orly makes a good quality polish.  I find that their more bright colors do need an extra coat every once in a while to really get an opaque finish.  However, the staying power is comparable with other polishes within it's price range, which to me is extremely important (I'm sure by now I've told enough how hard I am on my nails).

Anyway, this color has been really fun for me this week.  The sun is supposed to shine here in Wilmington this weekend and the temperatures are expected to rise into the 70s!  I will definitely be touching this up and sporting it in shorts and a tshirt at the park this weekend whilst I sit in the sun!!  :D

Are you loving any nail color families lately like I am?  Are you moving onto spring colors or are you sticking with winter colors until spring is officially here?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment