Friday, January 25, 2013

Fitness Friday!

Earn Your Shower!


My all-time favorite motivational quote when I'm just not in the mood to get up off the couch and get in a workout is "Earn your shower".  This quote gets me up and going and on my way to a good sweat so that I feel like I've really earned my shower.  Whether I go for a run outside or do a tough yoga session in my living room, I try to work up a sweat each at least three times a week.

This week however, had a theme.  I wanted to earn my shower each and every day!  First off, I have to admit that I didn't earn my shower on Wednesday.  :(  I had planned to go to the gym that night but unfortunately my nosepiece on my glasses broke and they are painful to wear now until I replace the broken piece.  I am blind as a bat without them and it was too late to waste a pair of daily contacts on a trip to the gym.  However, the rest of the week went great!  

Each day this week I bundled myself up and went outside for a run!  If you live in North America (or even in Europe as I understand), you know that there has been a wave of freezing cold conditions sweeping through this hemisphere!  Being a southern girl from North Carolina, I am not exactly accustomed to super cold weather, much less running in it!  




Here's an Instagram photo I posted the other day (follow me @FlipOverBuggie) after a 2.5 mile run outside of my house.  It was a rather chilly day and I am learning that it is going to take some time for my lungs to get used to such cold air!  Recently I bought a headband I found on sale at Target for running that is fleece-lined and keeps my head and ears super warm this time of year!  I have never bundled up so much for a run before.  Here I have on my Danskin capri leggings (which I am obsessed with) with socks pulled all the way up to my knees.  I also had a long-sleeved shirt on underneath of my Roxy sweatshirt.  I almost left the house without gloves on but as soon as I walked outside, I turned right back around and grabbed them!  Boy am I glad I did!




I just love my RunKeeper app.  It keeps track of my runs through GPS and plays an Itunes playlist of my choice.  It also keeps track of my weekly progress including mileage, average pace, longest distance, longest run duration, etc.  I am also keeping track of my goal to run 365 miles in 365 days and each time I run it updates and gives me a percentage of what I've completed so far.  I think I'm right on track!





In other news, I went shopping with my lovely, pregnant sister and we stopped in Bed Bath & Beyond.  I have always wanted a Tervis Tumbler but just never found one I really loved.  Well, I finally found one!  Isn't this just adorable?  I have goldfish swimming in my coffee!  What?!  It even looks like there are aquarium rocks at the bottom of the cup and bubbles coming up from the fish.  It is just too cute.  I had to share.  :D


Do you have any fitness motivational quotes you like?  What did you do this week to earn your shower?  What do you think of that quote?  Why not try to challenge yourself to "earn your shower" everyday or maybe three times per week?



No comments:

Post a Comment