Thursday, November 1, 2012

Okay, let's be real.

There I go again!


Okay folks, I'm gonna be real with you.  I am the worst when it comes to starting things and not carrying through with them.  I will be the first to tell you that I am the girl who gets super excited about a new endeavor and I put all of this time and effort and unfortunately sometimes, money and then, I just drop it.  Just ask my extremely supportive father and fiance.  They both see this pattern from me very often...my dad can probably tell you I've done it my whole life.  

Like, for example, in high school I took an arts and crafts class.  One week we made baskets.  Well guess who went home and decided she was gonna be the next professional basket maker in the family?  This girl!  Right here!  So what did I do?  Found the first online retailer for basket-making materials and bought enough supplies to make oh I don't know, probably fifty baskets!  The problem was, I made one basket and retired from my new profession.  I never made another basket again.  Two years later I finally threw out the leftover materials.  
Once, I decided I was going to run a half-marathon.  Having not been much of a runner my whole life, I was under the impression that this task would be easily attainable.  Unfortunately after my first few failed runs, I found out that running a half-marathon was too much of a task for little old me to take on, so I gave up running completely.  
Now, I can't say that I've never started something and actually completed it.  On the subject of running, I actually undertook a training program (Couch 2 5K) in order to run my first 5K.  And guess what?!  I actually ran (well, actually ran/walked because I got a liiiiittle excited out of the gate and crashed halfway through) my first 5K last spring!  Mission accomplished.  I started something and finished it.

With all of these things in mind, I am here.  Again.  On this blogging site.  Writing a silly explanation of my life in the hopes that perhaps you will understand why I haven't posted a blog in four months and why I am posting now.  I am determined to finish what I started.  I have new stories and new endeavors and new things I want to share.  I hope you'll stick with me.  Because I am determined to continue this blogging adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment