Friday, June 8, 2012

I WILL be able to do pushups again.


So, as many of you may know...and some of you may not...I used to take karate.  Okay, well not just take karate...I LIVED karate off and on for about ten years.  I even received my black belt in the fall of 2002.  


Here we are!  We just finished a night of karate that started at midnight and lasted until 8 AM...we kicked, we punched, we broke boards, we ran 5 miles, we did 500 sit-ups, and we did...drumroll please...250 pushups.

After I received my black belt, I continued to attend karate classes for about a year and a half.  I found myself however in the middle of my high school years, with a new, older boyfriend and interested in many new extracurricular activities with my friends.  I slowly started to drift away from karate and eventually ended up not attending class at all by the end of my junior year in high school.

These days I consider myself a fairly active person.  I work out a few times a week.  I do yoga from time to time.  I even trained for and ran my first 5K during the spring this year.  I consider myself to be in okay shape.  



However, my one down fall since leaving karate is that I can no longer do pushups.

In karate class, we did A LOT of pushups.  Not only did we do normal pushups, but we also did pushups on our knuckles and even did them on our fingertips!  How I did this, I can't even fathom today.

Well, I am out to change that!


Basically, you do an initial test in order to find out your ability to do pushups.  I was humbled by my lack of ability...I could do a whole six pushups without collapsing.  Therefore, I have decided to take on this program and to train myself to do pushups once again!

So, if you are looking to get yourself into pushup shape...join me!  I would love some buddies who are up for the challenge as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment